Tuesday 8 July 2008

One Day Changes Everything- Friday June the 6th.

I had resigned myself last year not to photograph the Fringe 2008. I felt that I had done enough over the years to take a step back from photography.

But picking up the Metro on Friday the 6th of June I was greeted with pictures of The Two Sopranos, Felicity and Tiffany Redman. For me that changed everything. The Scottish news that day was dominated with the Fringe launch. Gwen and George's wedding featured too.

To be on holiday and not be in my small way part of what I know and love was something I could not pass up.

So the retiral announced last year lasted from August the 27th 2007 until the 6th of June 2008.

This year I still don't know what equipment I'll be photographing the Edinburgh Fringe with, there is a good possibility this year I'll be going back to my photographic roots; and using an Olympus. I last photographed the Fringe with an Olympus back in 1984.

I still don't own a camera. And I've not viewed the world in photographic terms since hanging up my camera last year.

No comments: